MAYVILLE, N.Y.:-- The Chautauqua County Office for the Aging has announced this year’s distribution of Senior Farmer’s Market coupon books. Coupons will be distributed at:
- The Westfield Farmer’s Market in Moore Park, 2 E. Main St. in Westfield on Saturday, July 8 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. or until books are gone.
- Dunkirk Senior Center at 45 Cliffstar Ct. in Dunkirk, right next to the Farmer’s Market, on Wednesday, July 12 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or until books are gone.
- Hotel Jamestown Building, basement recreational room, at 110 W. 3rd St. in Jamestown on Saturday, July 15 from 9 a.m. to noon or until books are gone.
- Findley Lake Community Building at Community Connections, 2883 North Rd. in Findley Lake on Thursday, July 20 from 1 to 3 p.m. or until books are gone.
In order to qualify for the program, seniors age 60+ must meet the following criteria:
- Monthly income of at or below $1,860, for a single person household;
- Monthly income of at or below $2,504, for a two person household; or
- Monthly income of at or below $ 3,149, for a three person household.
Seniors who wish to apply need to come in person and be prepared to show proof of age.
Coupon books are worth $20 with five coupons worth $4 each in each booklet. Coupons are only accepted at designated Farmer’s Markets, a list of participating markets with locations and times for these markets will be dispersed with the coupons.
Seniors must come in person to pick up coupons unless a Power of Attorney form is presented.
For more information, please contact the Office for the Aging in Mayville at 753-4471, in Dunkirk at 363-3865, or in Jamestown at 661-8940.