CARTS is public transportation for everyone living, working, or visiting in Chautauqua County.
Whether you want to go shopping, to a medical appointment, work, college, or to visit a friend, CARTS can get you there safely, comfortably and economically. With today's high gasoline prices, clean air and conservation concerns, taking the bus makes sense.
Bike Racks are available on CARTS Fixed Routes in the City of Dunkirk, the City of Jamestown, and also on Route 7 and Route 16 Buses that travel between Mayville to Jamestown along Route 394.
Bus Service is available Monday thru Friday.
CARTS is closed New Years Day, President's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
There is also no Rural Route Service on the Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Years Eve
Who Can Use CARTS
CARTS provides open-to-the-public transportation and has bus service to accommodate almost anyone's circumstances. All buses are accessible to wheelchairs and other mobility aids.
Types of Service
- City Service - CARTS offers this service in the cities of Jamestown,
Falconer, Celeron, Lakewood, and Dunkirk.
- Rural-Route Service - A number of routes connect Jamestown, Dunkirk,
and smaller towns and villages throughout the county with morning and
- Dial-A-Ride - Curb-to-curb and door-to-door service is available for those
who cannot use the rural or fixed route systems due to disability. Also
called Demand Response, this service is on a first-come, first-served
basis and must be scheduled in advance. Area and times of service are
limited, so please call well in advance of your transportation date and
Disability & Senior Discounts
- CARTS offers discounts on all fixed (city) and rural routes to seniors
of at least 60 years of age and to those with qualifying disabilities.
- To get the disability discount call CARTS and request an application. - Seniors receive the discount just by showing ID.
- Seniors can also qualify for discounts on Dial-A-Ride service.
Americans With Disabilities Act
CARTS provides Dial-A-Ride public transportation to people, who due to age or disabilities, are unable to access the city fixed route service in the City of Dunkirk, Jamestown, Celeron, Lakewood, and Falconer. A person must live within three quarters of mile of the city fixed routes, unable as a result of mental or physical impairment to use the city fixed route service, or requires door-to-door assistance. Please call the CARTS Office for further information or to request an application
- Private Pay fares can purchase one-way, round trip (unable to purchase
round trip on city buses), 10-trip, or monthly tickets.
- All tickets may be purchased from your bus driver at the time of service
or in advance of your trip from your local CARTS Office.
- Our drivers do not make change so have the exact amount for cash fares.
- CARTS happily accepts personal checks written for the exact amount. - Children under 5 years of age travel free when accompanied by an adult.
- Escorts may ride at no charge if necessary to help a rider. Call CARTS Office
to get authorization.